Event Planning and Management
The Branches and Management Councils of the Society host many events and activities for Members around Australia. These events are organised by the innumerable and invaluable volunteers who are enormously generous with their time.
The following information and forms will assist Branches and Management Councils with event planning and notification of upcoming events.
Events (for completion and submission to Head Office)
- Cattle Cover Lodgement Form
- Livestock Mortality Claim Form
- Site Inspection Checklist
- Public Liability Accident Report
- Post Event Checklist
- Incident Report Form
- Event Notification Form
- Accredited Coaches Volunteer Declaration Form
- Youth Development Programme Funding Application Form
Event Results (for completion and submission to Head Office)
Planning your Event
Branches, Management Councils and Event Committees should keep the following elements in mind when developing an event concept:
- Purpose of the event - why are we conducting this event?
- Venue for the event - planning implications of using a certain venue (amenities, campdrafting arena, stabling etc)
- Event competitors/participants/spectators - the needs of all stakeholders must be considered.
- Financial considerations - will the event be financially viable?
- Timing of the event - it is often linked to the season such as the 'campdrafting season'. (Consider when Members will have their horses in work)
- Committee/Event team and other stakeholders - skills required to run the event.
- Regulations - what regulations and laws have an impact on the event? (Consult your Local Government)
- Community Impact - impact on the local and wider community.
Refer to the Branch Handbook for further information and tools to assist with event organising.